Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Sims 2 and 3

The Sims:

I have been in love with this "strategic life-simulation video game" for as long as I can remember.
My sister-in-law had lent me her Sims 2 back around 2006, 
since then, I have been addicted.

Now, what about it is so 'addicting'?
I love the fact that you can control a life how ever you like.
You control their:
relationships
personalities
hobbies
love interests
what the do
what they become in life
how the die
how they live
who the reproduce with
how many children...
It's kinda like living your own life through someone else, except this isn't looked down upon like that.

You choose if you wish to play as a pr-designed family or create your own.
You can build your family for up to eight people, at one time. 
"Sims can throw parties to gain aspiration points or invite the headmaster over for dinner in order to enroll their children in private school." (Wikipedia)

There are many more things that you can do with the accompanying games, such as The Sims 2: Nightlife, ...etc. These additions add to even more fun to the game play. 

Just under a year ago, I purchased The Sims 3 on sale, about half off it's original price. 
It's not exactly the same as the previous, 
and it has all new characters.
However, I love it nonetheless.
There are even more ways you can change your life. There are more careers, greater graphics, and much, much more. 

I do not have any expansions, or additions, to The Sims 3 as of yet, but I plan to order some soon...maybe when they decrease in price.

All in all...I give The Sims 2 a 6 out of 10
and The Sims 3 an 7.5 out of 10.
This is rating towards what could be done...

Compared to many other games:
The Sims 2: 7 out of 10
The Sims 3: 9 out of 10

-Momma Wolf



No comments:

Post a Comment